Sanatana Yog Sandesh offers Courses/Retreats with a grandly harmonious approach of all the disciplines of Yoga to harmonize an individual’s physical, mental and emotional aspects for his/her greatest good. At the very outset Sanatana Yog Sandesh hints at those different disciplines of Yoga and relevant texts of yore:
- Jnana Yoga: To Sharpen the intellectual faculty of a person this discipline of Yoga is resorted to. It is a path of self-inquiry. Upanishads, words of Adi guru Shankaracharya, Swami Vivekananda, Maharsi Raman and Yogi Aurvindo, Baba Shantananda etc. are the main texts for this discipline of Yoga.
- Karma Yoga: To check and balance the rajasic properties, this branch of Yoga is much needed. The Geeta is the main text for this aspect of Yoga. Along with this several texts in particular are replete with the ideas of Karma Yoga such as Srimadbhagavata Purana.
- Bhakti Yoga: To channelize and balance the emotions of an individual Bhakti Yoga is the way. Narada Bhakti Sutra, Ramayana, Bible etc. are our help in this regard.
- Hatha Yoga: This discipline of Yoga as generally believed deals with physical aspects of a human being . But in its broader sense the purpose of Hatha Yoga is to bring balance between two pranic forces; Ida and Pingala, into a human body. Asana, Pranayama, Mudra, Bandha, Shatkarma are the components of Hatha Yoga . It is with this approach we serve Hatha Yoga practices at our place, as per the guidelines set in the texts like – Hatha Yog Pradeepika, Gherand Samhita, Hatha Ratnavali, and Shiva Samhita etc.
- Raja Yoga: This disciplines of Yoga is directly connected to the mind and its modifications. Here we follow the disciplines of Patanjali Yoga Sutra, The Geeta, and certain portions of Gherand Samhita etc.
- Kundalini Yoga: This discipline of Yoga is directly related to the art of influencing the energy centers in the body. Here the disciplines laid out in Shata Chakra Nirupan, Pada Panchakam, Goraksha Shatakam, words of Swami Shivananda, Swami Satyananda and saints like these are duly respected.
- Laya Yoga/ Nada Yoga: This discipline of Yoga is almost similar to Kundalini Yoga. Here we pay attention to the inner sounds within the body. The words of Guru Gurakshanath are the greatest command to this fact. There is a hint regarding this in the classical Yoga text by Sage Patanjali in (aphorism 1.28, I.31).
- Swara Yoga: This discipline of Yoga deals with the manipulation of breath flow in the nostrils as per the cycle of the moon during a Bright Fortnight and a Dark Fortnight. Regarding this Shiv Swarodaya, literature of Swami Shivananda, Swami Satyananda are the commands to us.
- Kriya Yoga: This system of Yoga includes Mudras, Bandhas, certain specific Kriyas, Pranayamas along with strong mental awareness. Here the disciplines set by Swami Satyananda is honored.
Hari Om Tat Sat!!!